Update on COVID safety measures
With the easing of the public health measures associated with COVID-19 in Ontario, it is important to clarify our congregation’s response. The Re-opening/COVID committee met virtually this week and after a good discussion we came to a consensus on the following matters.
- Mask requirements – For now we will continue to require people to wear masks inside the church building. Masks will be provided for those who do not have one.
- Social Distanced Seating – For now designated pews will continue to be roped off in order to maintain safe physical distancing between people.
- Scripture Readers – We will continue to have the readers use a microphone at the front of the sanctuary on the floor level when reading the morning Scripture lesson.
- Song Leaders – We will resume having song leaders at the front of the church. They will sing, unmasked and up on the platform to maintain a safe distance from the congregation.
- Offerings – We will resume the taking up of the morning offering within the worship service on Sunday April 3rd. The ushers will wear masks and stand at the end of the pews as the congregants place their offerings in the collection plates.
- After Service Coffee Hour – We will resume the after-service coffee hour on Sunday April 3rd. Attendance at this refreshment time is according to your own personal comfort level. If you want to socialize, but you don’t want to unmask and eat, feel free to join us and keep your mask on.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and revisit all these safety measures accordingly. As a congregation, we want to exemplify Christian love for each other. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact any member from the Re-opening/COVID committee (Kaye Adams, David Graham, Lisa Neal, Grace Graham, Maxine DeGruijter, Derrick Graham, Heather Pattenden, Jim Knight).